Sunday, March 8, 2015

LAST BATCH OF SNOW DYED FABRIC

Pans covered with snow. Love those heavy winter gloves.

With 11" inches of snow on the ground and plenty of fabric that could be dyed, I did one last batch of Snow Dyed Fabric last Friday. I had discovered a pair of heavily insulated gloves that someone around here had bought years ago, so I used them to pack the snow into the pans.  They worked great!

Here's all the pans filled and with the snow starting to melt. I love seeing how the colors in the pans change as the snow melts.



 I cut the fabric into one yard and fat half yard pieces. I did one piece that is 2 1/2 yds long.  I scrunched it into an old wallpaper pan.  I'm going to make a long tunic top or a short dress with the long piece of yardage.  When someone asks me if I Tie dyed it, it will be fun to see their reaction when I tell them I Snow Dyed it.


This time I used a silk/soy fabric that has a shiny side and a dull side. The dull side shows the dyes up much better than the shiny side, so, that is what I"ll be using in my work.

Here are photos of nine of the pieces.  I've finally figured out how to write dates on the photos along with a number to keep my fabrics cataloged, for my personal journal.






I have about twice this many pieces but these give a good idea of the variety that I achieved.  I'm still not real happy with the effects that I'm getting with the red dyes, but, I'm loving the rest of the pieces.

I'm seeing "whole cloth quilt" written all over most of these pieces.  Interesting quilting designs combined with surface beading!

Let the fun begin!!!

Creating Always,

Karen














No comments:

Post a Comment