Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A CABOCHON is CAGED


I got the first of five, Mother of Pearl cabochons caged last night.  I may have to do the rest of them in the daylight.  I used rainbow orange  #10 seed beads for the caging.  These are really going to add a lot to the quilt.

I also requilted the fish fins using a purple FS#20 metallic thread and added white highlights to the fins. I love the effect! It really looks great in person, so to speak.

It's amazing what adding in some white paint can do for a piece.  After dab painting the whole background  with a metallic dark green paint from Stewart Gill, I went back and added in the white highlights using Jaquard White metallic paint.  I ended up adding in the highlights while the piece was hanging on the design board. It was the only way I could get an accurate view of the effect of the white paint. 



One thing I discovered was the fact that I was not using enough paint. I was applying it too lightly and it just won't show up that way.  So, I had to get really bold with the white paint. 

This is turning out to be a very fun way to experiment with doing more painting on a quilt. Now it's time to finish the edge and add in some more beading. 

I am very excited about finishing this piece and am planning on hanging it in my newly remodeled bathroom. It's going to be perfect with the Coral Silk paint that was used on the walls.

CREATING with JOY,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment