Thursday, January 5, 2017

MONO-PRINTING and STAMPING

 I have been playing with doing Mono-Printing using basic acrylic and metallic fabric paints. 

This is the first printing.  This base fabric is an 8" square piece of hand-dyed silk/linen fabric.





After the paint dried, I over stamped the whole thing.





There was still paint left on the acrylic sheet that I was using for the mono-printing, so I laid a piece of hand-dyed cotton on it.  Again, after it was dry, I overstamped it, but, this time I also hand painted in the purple dots.



I printed one more piece using a hand-painted piece of silk/cotton blend.  


Again I stamped this piece to give it more texture and interest. 


  



It was very interesting to see how the different fabrics took the paint and to see what happened with progressive printing on the same plate and without adding more paint.

What I ended up doing with the first and third pieces was very interesting and fun. I captured them on canvas, using paint and flow medium.  

More details coming later.

Creating Always,

Karen 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment