Friday, March 23, 2012

MOUNTING ART QUILTS ON CANVAS -PART 3

Despite the fact that I've been doing the gardening work of March, April and May all in the past week, (if not in reality, it at least feels like it with the super warm temperatures we've had,) I did manage to get 2 more small Art Quilt pieces mounted on painter's canvas.

Again I painted the canvases with Jaquard Lumiere paints. 
     "THE LAC"
This canvas was painted and then further embellishment was added using a black pigma pen.  Again, I have sewed the quilt onto the canvas. I think it makes for a nicer piece that won't sag or bag, especially in humid weather or as time goes on.  The canvas size is 8" x 10". 

*********************

 "DIAMONDS ON THE LAC"

Here I painted the canvas with  2 different colors of black, one opaque and one metallic. I thought it looked too plain so I added the metalic threads going out from the quilt around the edge of the canvas.
 I used Madiera FS20 metallic thread for the edging and in the piece. I love using that thread. For me, it's been great in the machine and for hand work.
I signed on the back of the canvas in addition to already having signed on the back of my piece.
I still have not decided whether to hang these pieces or display them on easels.  They look great in black easels.

Ok, I'm heading out to the studio to feed that hungry muse ;-)

Karen

PS. Someone said they tried to post a comment and could not do so. If you are a member of QAK and want to post a comment, you can do so on the QAK Facebook page.  In the meantime, I'll try to figure out why comments cannot be posted.

1 comment: