Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mounting Art Quits on Painter's Canvas

I have a small, about 8"x11", piece that I have not been happy with the way it finished out.  I have recently learned about using artist canvases for mounting small fiber arts works.

I found a canvas that is the perfect size for my "Winter Sycamore" piece. I painted it using three different colors of Jaquard metallic and opaque paints.

i am still deciding on how to mount the piece.

Here are some pictures of "Winter Sycamore" and some ideas that I'm playing with.

 Painted canvas with "Winter Sycamore"


 "Winter Sycamore" is coming alive after being placed on the painted canvas.


 Experimenting with a variety of trims to use to attach the piece to the canvas.



I'll get the pictures of the finished piece posted in the next week. 

In the meantime "Remember to feed your inner muse with lots of creativity."

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment